Monday, January 23, 2012

January 2,2012 letter

Hey Family. 

How is everything going at home hope everyone had a good time with Christmas time and now New Years. Sounds like I didnt miss too much of the family stuff this year thats too bad that they didnt do too much this year. Well everything here is good, I haven't left the heat so I am still in the heat just a little different type of heat here. I would say that it is probably just as hot here as it was in Iguala the thing that is hard is that Acapulco is all hills and not just small ones but big hills so that is going to be a little different after Iguala and it being all flat. The area seems really cool it is not really by the coast but it is up in the hills more so we get to look out over all the city so it is cool, my first night here my companion and I went up on our roof and looked out over everything so that was cool seeing all the lights then the ocean as well. My companion is Elder Rodriguez, he is from the state of Mexico just above Mexico City so he is pretty close to his house, that would be kind of hard I think. He is really cool I think things will go well for us we had a really good week this week. I got here and they have been teaching quite a few people that should be able to get baptised in the next couple weeks including a family of like 6 or 7 who have a baptismal date for the 14 so hopefully they can keep progressing at get baptised next week. Then this last week we also visited quite a few members to get to know them and then also to share a message with them about the New Year and putting goals so they had something to work for and that went pretty well hopefully that will help us with getting some more references. There is one thing about our area that is kind of tough is that our ward is divided into two parts with us and then sister missionaries and so most of the members live in the area of the sisters so that is kind of hard but oh well it still seems like it will be a good area. Hopefully this week we have another good week this next week. So that is about it for this last week, today we just went and played volleyball at the church so that was pretty fun but it was really hot so that wasnt much fun but oh well. Well I hope that everyone has a good week at home and this week goes well for everyone.

Love Elder Bird 

No comments:

Post a Comment