Thursday, December 20, 2012


Dec 10th

 

Hey Family how is everything going at home? Things here are going pretty well, it is still really hot here so it doesn’t feel like it is almost Christmas. This last week we had a little trouble finding people to teach, but hopefully that all changes this week. This week we are going to have a stake activity for Christmas where the leaders are hoping to have 200 investigators there so we will have to see how things work out. So if all works out well we should be able to find quite a few new people to teach and they should all be people that are somewhat interested in the gospel if they go to activity. Then we have gotten a couple other references of part member families so that should be helpfully of finding new people to teach. It has been kind of different to be back again, it feels kind of like I never left I still remember the area so that was not a hard change at all to get used to and the members I know as well, so the new system of working only with members hasn’t been that big of a change since I already know the members and just now need to work with them again. The new system of not tracking is going pretty well for us it is a little slower and different that I think many missionaries are used to so that is kind of hard but I feel that is will be something really good when everyone is used to it.

 

That is cool to hear that Elder Perry came to a special stake conference, what did he talk about? Well I hope that everyone has a good week at home, thanks for the updates on everything it is cool to hear about some stuff from home especially in this time of year. I just want to end with a reminder I was given this week when I was reading in the book of Mormon in 2 Nephi 4 verse 15 to the end, right when Nephi is talking after Lehi dies, and It was just a nice reminder of the feelings of peace that always come from the Holy Ghost in the times of trouble, that we can always remember that Christ has felt everything that we pass through and when we put out trust in him we can overcome all the problems that we have. In this time of year we have been studying more about Christ and that was something I really like from this week and wanted to share. We’ll have a great week at home and I will write more next week

 

Love Elder Bird

 

No comments:

Post a Comment