Thursday, December 20, 2012


Oct 8th

Hey Family,

 

How is everything going at home? Sounds like everyone had a fun time at home this last week. Sounds like dads birthday was fun and the family is doing well. This last week was pretty good for us here. Especially with General Conference, I love General Conference. This general conference was good, the new about missionaries is cool, here in Mexico all the young men already leave at 18 so that is not anything new but the girls being able to leave at 19 that is new so that is cool. We will just have to see how much it changes things now. I was able to watch all of the session, I got to see them in English (it just isn’t the same in Spanish even though I understand) so that was fun. I really like pretty much all of the talks but on that I think I might have like the most of Elder Holland’s talk. His talk was pretty much the same as one he gave in the MTC about a month before I started the mission and we have watched it a couple of times here in the mission and I love he relates our conversion to the early apostles. That when we started in the gospel it wasn’t just a for a little time or it wasn’t just for my mission but it was forever that we choose to follow the Lord and it is forever not for just three years of till we are tired but forever and that was one of my favorites. Also the talk by President Uchtdorf in the Saturday Morning session about choosing to be happy and it is our choice and when we choose to be happy everything goes better. I have come to know and love the principle here in the mission, when I choose to be happy things go better but when I don’t and just am kind of sad, the days just go long and nothing seems to go right but with that attitude change, pretty much everything changes. So those were two talks I like a lot but I really enjoyed all of conference. This last week we were also able to find a couple of cool people to teach thy both seem really ready to accept the Gospel so hopefully things everything goes well with them. Also this is the last week of the transfer so we will see what happens we will have to see if I stay here or if I will go, I think that I will stay one more transfer then get changed to another area but will see. It will also be interesting to see if I get changed on my Birthday with the 15th falling on next Monday we will just have to wait and see. Well I hope everyone has a great week at home and I will write again next week.

 

Love Elder Bird

No comments:

Post a Comment